Teen Could Face Almost 300 Years For Sexual Abuse Case

Anthony R. Stancl is accused of posing as a girl online to blackmail 13- to 19-year-old boys in get them to perform sex acts. He was charged on Wednesday of sex crimes in New Berlin, Wisconsin.

New Berlin High School had been the site of a bomb threat last November. On November 14 the school had to be closed. The threat was sent to the school from a computer at the New Berlin Public Library.

Stancl was the name that came up during an investigation.

As that investigation was starting a shocking twist came into light. A 15-year-old went to authorities alleging that Stancl was blackmailing him and forcing him to perform sex acts. He came forward after Stancl had demanded that he get photos of his younger brother. That was enough. The teen went to his parents and then to the police.

The police were told a tale of how Stancl blackmailed the teen after telling him that a girl he met on Facebook would release naked photos to the rest of the school. The teen had sent the ‘girl’ the photos through Facebook. That girl turned out to be Stancl himself. The 15-year-old was only one of at least 31 other boys who were caught in Stancl’s web.

All of the teens attend New Berlin Eisenhower Middle/High School. The sexual attacks happened at the high school, the school parking lot, a restroom at the New Berlin Public Library, Valley View Park, Malone Park, Minooka Park and some of the victims homes.

As the information came in the police obtained a search warrant for Stancl’s computer. That computer held the evidence to back up the 15-year-old’s story and much more. Stancl had more than 300 photos and movie clips of New Berlin boys. There were an additional 600 professional movies of child porn. The photos and movie clips were in 39 files labeled with either the children’s names or their screen names.

Authorities are asking that victims come forward.

Stancl used pictures of females from Facebook pages to persuade male students to email nude photos to him.

Stancl has been charges with the bomb threat plus repeated sexual assault of same child (at least three violations of first- or second-degree sexual assault), possession of child pornography, second- and third-degree sexual assaults, and five counts of child enticement. If convicted of all crimes he could be sentenced to almost 300 years in prison.

Stancl is currently being held on $250,000 bail after his first appearance in Waukesha County Circuit Court in Waukesha on Wednesday.

The Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel reports:

“In this court’s 7 1/2 years on the bench, this is the most horrific complaint the court has ever reviewed,” Waukesha Circuit Court Commissioner Laura Florian Lau said. “The defendant is facing 293 years if convicted on these 12 counts. . . . This is a crime allegedly that involved many, many, many victims. The court is extremely concerned as to whether defendant will return to court.”

Advertisements

You must be logged in to post a comment.

%d bloggers like this: