Timothy Kleinhagen of Summit Hill, the driver of the propane truck, risked his life to save at least one of the dogs. Even though he was badly burned he managed to toss a cairn terrier over the kennel fence to safety. He is in critical condition at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
Fox News reports:
“That man is a hero,” said the kennel’s co-owner, Karen Tracy. “My heart goes out to his family.”
Officials have said a spark or static electricity may have been the cause of the blaze. It is considered to be accidental but an investigation is ongoing.
Stewart’s dog was a recent member to her canine family. She adopted the grandson of her previous chow, Paw Paw in December.
“My heart goes out to Karen Tracy and I am hoping for a speedy recovery for those (both pets and humans) injured in this terrible event,” Stewart wrote.